Monday, February 2, 2009

Meet Rucinda

Thinking my bestfriend might like Amy Butler's Birdie sling, I showed her the pattern only to have her say that not only did she love the pattern but loved the fabrics featured in the pictures. So while not original, I made this bag as one of her Christmas presents. Shown in the right, Miss Rucinda was testing the bag out for us.

(For some strange reason Rucinda is obsessed with fabric and constantly wants to touch every piece of it that's not tucked away.)

If I were making this bag for me, I would reduce the width of the straps where the strap meets the bag, I find the opening left on the sides is a little on the small side. Other than that I really like the bag, the lining is interfaced with fuseable fleece, and the outside with a heavier weight fuseable interfacing. In addition to the pockets inside I added a strap with a hook for keys.


This is the last of the Christmas bags. Although in reality Birthday bags are probably right around the corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment