Sunday, February 8, 2009

Sunshine & Shadows



I made this quilt last summer as a house warming gift for my best friend. It was my first full sized pieced quilt. Its made of a simple block , where the block is rotated through the 4 different orientations. I was drawn to the repeating diamond pattern created within the pattern. To quilt it I simply stitched in the ditch.
This quilt was a a bit of a lesson for me in colour choices, given that half the quilt is made up of neutral beiges I didn't realize that the finished product would be quite so bright
I made the half triangles with the help of a paper template called "Thangles". It really made things go a lot faster to not have to measure or mark any of these pieces. Simply sew on the dotted line.

1 comment:

  1. The quilt is sooo gorgeous! And I like the mixture of colours, even if it is brighter than you thought it would be.

    ReplyDelete