Thursday, January 29, 2009

Christmas Bags

Being fairly new at bag making, I decided to play around with a few different types of interfacing and stiffeners while making a few Christmas gifts. I made 3 simple totes, to test different results.


For the above bag I used both a fuseable interfacing and a fuseable fleece attached to the outer fabric, first fusing the interfacing then the fleece. It turned out quilt nicely especially for this type of bag without any folds or pleating in the exterior.


This one I made interfacing the lining, and doing nothing to the exterior. It only works because the bag is so simple, and isn't that large. I like the idea in principle because I thought the bag would wrinkle/crease less and be easier to wash.


This over sized (quite over sized) tote I made using only fuseable fleece, but inserted a piece of timtexesque material in the bottom to provide more structure and stability.


I figure its important to experiment with some of the different products out there to see what works for my various needs.

1 comment:

  1. These are great! I need to experiment more with interfacing.

    I am in total agreement with you on hating the "quilting" part of quilting, like you said. I just finished up two this week and it is SUCH a pain! If I could buy fabric, cut it up, piece it together and send it off to a long arm for free for the rest of my life, I'd be in heaven!

    ReplyDelete