Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Time for a new direction


I love (and hate) getting to start new projects. I finished the full joys of winter quilt top, unfortunately I didn't take a photo of it before taking it to my parents place, where my mother hijacked it. I brought it over to square on her big cutting table, but she claimed it absolutely had to be steam ironed before we could square it and so I had to leave it there.

So today I got to start looking at some new fabrics and supplies I bought on the weekend, and dig into my bag fabric stash and start thinking about some fun smaller projects. I love all the possibilities but I think I worry that I'll 'waste' some fabric that later on I'll find the perfect project for. The modern Asian Toile above is one that I love but can never bring myself to use.

















Some cool, environment minded fabric designs that I found this weekend which to me begged to be turned into some grocery/market bags.


A little bit of Amy. These are both home decor weight fabrics, which I thought would be nice for certain styles of bags.
Some new and old fabrics in contention for the next bags. A couple I also think would make beautiful cushions, and the brown and tan fabrics I think would lend themselves well to quilts. Decisions decisions. Hence the love-hate relationship.


1 comment:

  1. Love the material for the grocery bags! Very fitting.

    ReplyDelete