Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Battik Beauty


I finally finished hand stitching the binding of this quilt last week. I had assembled the top by early August, but between finding a backing and then actually getting around to quilting it was quite the delay. I stippled in cordinating colours the half blocks because I really wanted the fun fabrics to stand out. I can't wait for summer when it will be easier to take nice pictures of bigger quilts.


I found this pattern in a quilting magazine, it uses 16 fat quarters and 2 coordinating fabrics, plus the border, I thought it was simple yet effective. I could fit a queen bed, but my intention in making it was just to have a fun quilt to through on when watching a movie or reading. I backed it with fleece for soft comfort.

No comments:

Post a Comment