Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Complete Colapse of My Sewing World

Literally! So this winter I've had no choice but to sew in my bedroom. I have one desk in a corner where I'm ironing, sewing and cutting. The surface is a desk top sitting on top of 2 saw horses, and apparently between the vibration of sewing and constantly shifting thing about I had unsettled what had become a delicate balance. So yesterday while attempting to make a small cut, I felt the world shift below me and watched (as what appeared to be in slow motion) my entire desk fell apart. I grabbed the iron before that did any damage, and luckily I had set the sewing machine on the ground to make room for cutting. It still made a pretty big mess, pins and supplies everywhere. Note to self: check table legs for stability every once in awhile.

Despite this I have finally started to make real progress assembling the quilt top. This is about 2/3 of the top. It definetly needs a good passing of the iron.I’m hoping that in the next couple of days, at most, I’ll finish the top and can sneak in a few small projects before I continue working on this project.




Here’s the dark one you can’t see very well in the larger photo

No comments:

Post a Comment