Saturday, April 4, 2009

Sometimes you just need easy

After 2 long weeks or work, a busy weekend including a visit from one of my best friends and my birthday I’ve done nothing in 2 weeks. Not only that I feel too sleepy to think about anything and so I finally decided maybe I would just start something really simple if I didn’t have the mental capacity to do anything at all tricky. Thus I began to put together a few cutesy blocks for a baby quilt. I’ve seen this sort of simple baby quilt a few different places including very modern examples at http://www.madebyalissa.com/.


I dug through my fabric stashes and found some cute animals and began piece the blocks. When I started I intended to use various leftovers for the outer parts of the blocks, but after doing four I’ve now realized that I have a polka dot theme going. I actually have 2 more fabrics with little dots on them one blue and one brown, so I’ll have to decide whether I stay with an all polka dot theme, or do half and half.

No comments:

Post a Comment