Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Joys of Winter - Sneak Peak




This is my main ongoing project at the moment, which still has quite a bit of work left. I received as a gift last year the complete kit to make the block of the month quilt, Joys of Winter.

So far, I have completed all 12 applique blocks. They didn't have faces on them yet when I grabbed these photos, but have no fear, they're all in the process of getting faces.Then next will be the significant amount of patchwork to complete the spaces between the blocks.

This was my first attempt at satin stitching, and while its not perfect I'm pretty happy with the results. The tight corners left me with some bunching and a few stars that aren't exactly symmetrical, but overall I'm pretty satisfied. Its definitely WAY faster than hand applique.

No comments:

Post a Comment