Sunday, January 25, 2009

First Post

Welcome to my first post!

I thought I would start my blog highlight some of the projects I've completed in the recent past.





I made this handbag as a gift from the Amy Butler pattern - Frechy Bag. It was quite easy to follow the pattern, Amy Butler does a great job of including lots of diagrams, with step by step instructions.



It was actually my first time using sew in interfacing, and I was quite doubtful that the bag would hold its shape well with the exterior having some weight to it, but I was really pleased in the end. I used a magnetic snap closure and included 1 pocket, which is more of a divider than a pocket as it is quite large and sewed in with the layers of the bag, as apposed to being sewn directly to one side of the bag.





The only thing I might consider doing differently in the future would be the pockets, especially if I made the shoulder sized bag.

2 comments: