Saturday, May 9, 2009

Baby Blocks 2 + Curtains?

My first bit of sewing in the new home was to finish up the simple baby blocks, so that I have all nine ready. Unfortunately I haven’t found a material to sash the blocks yet, so this project may get shelved for a while.




Yes they are a strange assortment of animals, from an ostrich to a whale wearing a sailor hat. But overall I think they make a cute assortment.
Curtains
Some time in the near future I’m going to have to make some curtains for my bedroom. The previous owners were just using shears, and I find way too much light is getting in. I went to a local textiles store yesterday and found a funky material on sale because of printing defects. Luckily they still had significant lengths in between the problem areas, so I was just able to get long enough pieces.

At first I wasn’t too sure of it being black, but I think I’m going to really like it. There were only 2 pieces of fabric long enough to make a pair of curtains, so I didn’t feel like I had time to think it over too much. Hopefully they'll be smashing.


No comments:

Post a Comment